Re: [NTLK] ]MP2100 internet over ethernet: Roundup?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:16:41 PST

On 2/22/06, Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> wrote:

> The driver side is completely covered. I previously had this Newton
> hooked up to a Linux box that did print serving for the Newton (this
> became redundant after I plonked an AppleTalk card in my laser printer),
> so ethernet on itself works. And NIE 2.0 is installed as well, as I
> didn't know at the time if I could get ethernet working without NIE.

Hmm, this is interesting ...
I received an AppleTalk adapter BOX Asante (White Box) that's suppose to
connect to a HP5P laser printer with on-board IR.

No does anyone have any hints on how to set this up so I can print from the
Newton over Ethernet?

It's a Ethernet connection into the Asante then a Mac Serial out to the
Printer I believe.

My router likely in not AppleTalk compliant though - so should I go with an
regular Ethernet connection?

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung