Re: [NTLK] Manual TypeSetting at your Service... (was: New eMate and the hinge repair)

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 19:06:11 PST

On 2/21/06, mkow1234_at_aol.com <mkow1234_at_aol.com> wrote:

> Should be interesting, when I finish it. Newton Press (as usual) keeps
> blowing up and/or locking up, at random intervals, when I attempt to
> create chapter links for the TOC. Once I do get a new chapter link
> created, I discover that the app has "eaten a good half-dozen
> paragraphs below that point, and I have to physically add the lost text
> from the .rtf file and THEN reformat it. Damn you, Apple! Fix your
> software!

Matt,

You are amazing! every so often I turn around and there you are putting out
another book.
I'm impressed and amazed by the sheer volume of books that were announced
last year...
I wish I had enough time to even read one book... though I do have time to
glance through my Bible...

You're efforts (and those who follow in your footsteps) amaze me continually
as you have to wrangle Newton Press into accepting the various things you
are editing especially when you inset pictures - it sure is a feat of love
and determination of anyone willing to put a book into Newton format -
especially what you have to do to get a TOC in there..

Anyways I hope my photographic documentation can a least begin to equal a
fraction of items of those books you and others have published. for
the Newton format for the community.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung