Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]MP2100 internet over ethernet (through router)

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 09:33:52 PST

On Feb 21, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:

> At 16:11 21.02.2006, you wrote:
>> Hello newtontalk,
>
> (...)
>
>> Some routers have PPoE in the firmware. The SMC / USR and Dlink
>> routers for DSL/Cable all have PPoE protocols as part of the firmware.
>> Makes it very easy to hook up any computer (no client software is
>> required) to the network then off to the Internet.
>
> Ah, I see. That might answer all of my questions. Unfortunately
> to the effect that I won't be able to do it.

You can also use another computer on your network to connect via PPPoe
and then reshare the internet link. This is trivial with OSX panther
(10.3 or later) and probably doable with windows also...

Is this what you are asking about? It's not entirely clear to me which
"name and password" you are saying your provider requires?

Marty