[NTLK] Need help with Bluetooth card

From: Thomas Tempelmann (tempelmann_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 02:41:47 PST

Hi all,

I've just acquired a Pico BT card for my 2100 (US). I can't get it
discover any BT devices, though.

Here's what I did:

1. Installed the US version of the Blunt driver 0.7.7 plus the setup
pkg on the Newton (even rebooted with turning off any other extensions
to make sure only the Blunt driver is active)
2. Did the self-test - works fine
3. Turned both my Sony phone (k700i) and my Mac (10.4.5) to be
discoverable, also activated "File Exchange" and "File Transfer" on
the Mac, without need for pairing.
4. Yet, when I ask the Newton to discover, it never lists anything.
5. OTOH, the Mac, when I ask it to discover "Any device", it lists
both the phone and the Newton's card (but without name, it only shows
a default name and the card's MAC address)

So, even if I follow the instructions on the newton wiki where it
tells me to have the Mac keep discovering devices while I let the
Newton discover, the Newton doesn't find anything.

The fact that the Mac sees the BT card of the Newton, though, suggests
that the card should generally work, right?

I have also a second 2100 US, but same problem there, so it can't be
the Newton either. And yes, I've made sure I've installed the US
driver, not the eMate or the German version (I did this twice).

Has anyone confirmed that Blunt 0.7.7 works with the Pico card properly?

--
Thomas Tempelmann - exaggerating over a million times a day!
http://www.tempel.org/rb/  -- The primary source of outdated REALbasic