Re: [NTLK] emate wlan?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 10:08:45 PST

On 2/7/06, Eric Engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Toshiba branded card
> Says "Gold" on the front
> Has the number PA3064U-1PCC on the front
>
> On the back
> Lucent Technologies
> PC24E-H-FC
> S/N 02UT17333585
> T/N 24J03934 P/N 018450/A
> MAC address 00022D641201
> Encryption 128RC4
> 3992B510
> 5 v.
> 16 (bit, I presume)
>
> Ok, this is a lucent card, right, so why is it unrecognized? I thought it
> might be due to the emate but the 2100 also say
> "There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this type of
> card).

Eric,

You should goto Paul's Site http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/

Here are the important bullet points:

More WiFi Cards is a patch to use Hiroshi Noguchi's
driver<http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm>with more
cards.

Some cards have an identification string of more than 31 characters. These
only work if Lantern Patch <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/rustines/> is
installed.

Note: GetCardInfo <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/bowels/> allows one to
extract the identification string of card inserted in the Newton and More
WiFi Cards probably can be extended to support more cards that would work
with Hiroshi's driver.
<NOTE> you need to use GetCardInfo to see what string the card is pushing
out - IF (I assume it is NOT the WaveLAN Gold string) it's sending then
that's likely the issue with it being recognized... as I stated in a prior
post since have the Compaq version of the WaveLAN Gold card also.. and after
I sent the info to Paul and he updated MoreWiFi I was able to use my card.

I HTH your situation.....

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung