Re: [NTLK] OT: Poutine again

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 18:39:28 PST

On 2/6/06, Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca> wrote:

> At 03:59 PM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
> >Just to share something:
> >
> >http://www.comics.com/comics/betty/archive/betty-20060206.html
>
> And the authors, Delainey and Rasmussen, are from Edmonton. They started
> out by drawing a strip called Bub Slug in the UofA's student paper The
> Gateway.
>
> So, what's this got to do with Newtons? Well, I did a google search and
> came up with - nothing. How about this, there is a place down the street
> from me called the Poutine Palace and it's in Edmonton. How's that for
> staying on topic?

Maybe you searched the wrong place. If you had looked on the Newton Glossary
at the newtontalk.net web site, you may have found this:

=====
*Poutine*A culinary anomaly originating in Quebec consisting of cheese curds
and gravy poured over French fried potatoes. Poutine is also a strangely
recurrent theme on the NewtonTalk mailing list. Source:
GH<http://www.splorp.com/newton/glossary/sources/default.html#GH>
=====
;-)

Somehow, poutine is one of those perverse topics that never seems to go
away. It's been the source of many (and I mean _many_ discussions,
arguments, fights, and more through the years, starting sometime in the
early 2000s, I believe, but I may be wrong. If you want to be sure, go to
the NTLK archives, and do a search on the word, I'm sure you will find _far_
more than you care to know! ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland