[NTLK] emate wlan?

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 01:41:43 PST

Dozens of wlan cards, strange standards, and several software solutions force me to ask a question:
  I have an emate. Frank Gruendel kindly preloaded it with NIE etc. when he did his reconditioning of the hinges. So, I figured, I would just be able to pop in a lucent orinoco gold wlan card.

  EMate says "card not recognized".

  The card is a lucent technologies toshiba branded wlan. Two numbers: one on the front is pa3064u-1pcc
  and on the back
  pc24e-h-fc
  mac addresss 00022d641201
  encryption 128RC4
  5 v.
  16 bit

  I'm really hoping the problem is not that it is a 5v card, that there is some software error, that i just need to install a package (what package?)

  I am sorry to ask a question that is certainly answerable, ("the truth is out there..."). Can anyone tell me whether this card can work in an emate and, if so, what drivers i must install? The card works fine in my g3 os 9 mac using orinoco drivers (control panels).