[NTLK] OT ANN: New addition to the family

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 21:35:36 PST

OT ANN Galor! <pardon the joy>
I just want to thank God for a safe delivery first off.

Just some blabbering but it's good to get a little off my chest... as I've
been praying for a long while....
My wife had brain surgery in 2004 - so natural child birth could pose
possible complications.
In addition she's at the upper age range (past 36 years old) that they begin
to test for down syndrome (here in the NYS/US)...
From our preliminary tests the medical professionals indicated that there
was a (1/10) chance of down syndrome and that were should understand this
and consider the option of aborting...
They screwed up and a week later of intense praying they revised the numbers
to a 1/100 chance of our child having down syndrome..
This was a great burden for us and we decided not to got with Amniocentesis
testing and whatever we were blessed with we would love & keep.

An unexpected hick-up during birth (Wednesday morning) came about - I
noticed as his face appeared that it was purple...
I began praying immediately! The doctor immediately clamped and cut the
umbilical cord...

Later that afternoon it was confirmed that my intuitions were correct - that
his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck (once) was confirmed this
afternoon by the delivering doctor....

I was informed of no problems by the medical staff other than this issue
with the umbilical cord....
I was not informed he has down syndrome - He's a healthy bouncing baby boy
(all) 8 lbs 6 oz. and 20" of him!

I know parenting was suppose to be an adventure but I didn't expect all
this.. ;)

Our family has been blessed...

Thanks also to Grant for sponsoring my Flickr Pro Account... (TinyURL link
below)
I will be posting some additional Newton photos he's awaiting there & in
addition to pictures of my new bouncing baby boy with his adoring big
sister...
*http://tinyurl.com/c92jt* <http://tinyurl.com/c92jt>

Thank you everyone for indulging me regarding this post..

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung