[NTLK] Emate on the Web

From: Tony Kan (tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 16:55:42 PST

Folks

I registered with Hiroshi before Christmas and having a bit of spare time
last night, loaded all the requisite packages (The WIKI is a beautiful
thing) and after reading about all the available browsers, thought I would
try out Newtscape.

Aware that others have had difficulties with their set ups here is a
description of mine:

Access point: Netgear WG602 (original)
ADSL Modem: D-Link DSL-302G
Wireless card: Orinoco Gold
WEP Off, Infrastructure mode as per WIKI and Hiroshi's instructions

A couple of observations:

It is slow... even with images turned off it takes around a minute to load a
page. Maybe I should install Nethopper to see if there is any difference.

The Google logo looks like it is split down the middle and one half is
butted hard up against the left hand edge of the window and the other half
is hard up against the RHS.

Just tried logging into www.blogger.com but it doesn't seem to work. The
page just refreshes with all the fields for user id and password empty
again. Aware that no Newton supports SSL, I tried logging in on my desktop
to check if it was a secure page that returns after logging in but that
doesn't appear to be the case.

Does anyone know why these idiosyncracies occur? Is nblog the only way to
hook into blogger?

Thanks in advance

Warm regards

Tony Kan