Re: [NTLK] Apple Producing New Newton-Like Device

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 09:46:27 PST

I think this more of a media controller than a PIM. Think
television, you could have a computer that controls all of your
lights, mic settings, and possibly your weather graphics be
controlled by this kind of device. It is not really very interesting
to think about its applications in a formal broadcast studio but
think about a movie location shoot that you may have to set up on
several non consecutive days. This kind of device would be a
godsend. One person could control and adjust everything with the
touch of their finger.

My 2¢

On Feb 2, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Knowledge Navigator wrote:

> It looks as if apple has gone and filed a patent a UI for a Tablet
> like device. View the slide-show here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrmpf/sets/72057594057972525/show/
> Could this be what we have all been waiting for? I certainly hope
> its not a hoax.
> Knowledgenavigator
> www.newtonsales.com
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada