Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V6 #588

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 16:18:47 EST

"The consensus seems to be, so far, that if one is careful, a SER-001(or similar — whatever can be gotten on eBay these days!) is probably not necessary"

I think that is right, I ruined one 2100 connection by just being too rough with it, and since then I have one with a dongle and one with the SER-001, and treat both very carefully indeed, and the one with the dongle seems to be fine. Let's face it, they are not that expensive nowadays and provided one backs up everything, if things go wrong one can just get another machine quite easily. I always use the keyboard with mine anyway, so they get a lot of use, and never find it a problem. If you want a SER-001 I would wait until a unit comes up with one installed, not much more expensive than without and then you will have one in reserve in case things go wrong.

Oliver

Try amazing new 3D maps
http://maps.live.com/?wip=51--