Re: [NTLK] Need help with UnixNPI (Linux/FreeBSD)

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 15:03:47 EST

knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
> I just installed UnixNPI on my FreeBSD box. Compiled fine, runs fine except
> I don't get a connection. The MP is a 2100.
>
> Here is the command line and program output (I am running as root):
>
> # ./unixnpi -d /dev/cuaa0 "Notion 2.0.pkg"
>
> I have a serial cable from a Newton Connection Kit for Windows (9 pin
> D-shell to Apple DIN) plugged into a dongle.
>
> First off, what is supposed to happen? Am I supposed to open the I/O
> window? Do I have to initiate the download at the Newton end, or will
> something pop open to tell me a package is ready to download?

1. Run UnixNPI, as you've already figured out
2. Open "Dock" on the 2100, choose the "Serial" connection option and tap
Connect.

In Newton Dock protocol connections, the Newton initiates the connection -
that's why you weren't getting very far ;)

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org