Re: [NTLK] eMate for my baby?

From: Mathew Howe <mhowe_at_gfn.org>
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 21:34:00 EST

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 matthiasm wrote:
>On the software side, it would be great to find a language that would
>work on other platforms as well (I believe NSBasic does, not sure
>though). This would make the development more reasonable since there
>are more possible contributers.
>
>On the content side, don't expect a baby to even remotely comprehend
>a letter shape. Their brain is set up to recognize faces, so they
>find their parents. My three year old now starts to recognize two
>letters out of the alphabet - so many more to go ;-).
NS Basic also works in palm devices.
My 3 year old grand daughter knows all of her letters can spell her own name and can count to 20. Grandpa gets to brag a bit. But I think you are on to a real good idea here. I might buy an Emate for my grand daughter just to run this software.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
mhowe@gfn.org
Sent from a Newton 2100 via SimpleMail