Re: [NTLK] looking for a valid NewtDevel-HFSimage.zip (85MB)

From: Milan Votava <votava_at_mageo.cz>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 16:19:19 EST

Something is rotten here. I bet the rar you provide has be created
just by repacking in rar the UNNA corrupt archive. I tried WinZip,
PowerPacker (Win) and unzip (Linux) to uncompress the UNNA archive,
all of them bail out with CRC error. Only StuffIt for Windows gave no
error during unpacking. It doesn't mean the UNNA archive is ok. I
suppose StuffIt simply stopped the unpacking when the CRC error was
detected leaving already uncompressed crippled image on harddrive. My
hypothesis: you provided us with a properly packed (by rar) corrupted
HFS dsk image.

Check this link:

http://www.newted.org/users/osohn/NEWTtools/UNNAindex.html

and look for:

NewtDevel-HFSimage.zip

its size is 85MB, not 66.09 like the current archive at UNNA....

BTW: can someone provide me with the registration code for Newton
WiFi WaveLan Driver
(http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm). I hope it's not
locked to the machine's serial no or any other uniqueness... If not I
will be forced to crack the driver :-)

Milan