[NTLK] [ANN] Newton Bluetooth Dongle

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 09 2006 - 18:21:24 EST

Hello again newtonians,

I would love to take bring at your attention the Newton Bluetooth Dongle
http://notwen.com/audio/bluetooth

This wireless audio dongle is different from any other on the market
for two reasons:
1. It works only with the MessagePad2x00.
2. It is completely automatic: No buttons are needed to turn it on or
to activate pairing.

It works automatically on any existing audio software made for Newton,
including the standard audionotes or the cool MadMax Newton MP3 player.

Note that it is not a serial adapter, it doesn't work with Blunt,
and doesn't allow any kind of data sync.

I decided to build it to thank Echkart Köppen for having developed
Blunt,
and for releasing it to us for free.

I am not intentioned to put the Bluetooth Dongle up for sale, at
least for now.
The main reason is related to its cost:
I am not prone to offer for sale accessories which would cost more
than a scratched but completely functional MessagePad,
and when making a bunch of say 10 units I could put on sale each at
the price of $65-70.
If you think that such price is right for you, please send me a message.

Apart from that, again cheers to Echkart! Newton+Blunt rocks!

Adriano

http://notwen.com--