Re: [NTLK] IC/VC Help + NewtonBook Question

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 10:54:23 EDT

One note regarding 'The Message'.
There are only two publicly available versions of the Entire Bible for it.
The KJV & RSV which is freely available at Devid Fedor's website.
The RSV version as his site indicates needs to have a form filled out
and forwarded to get permission to use it...
There was a NIV version also, but that no longer is available for
re-sale since it's licensing contract expired already...
Only those who purchased a license from David should be using it and I
do hope that it's not being offer publicly in the wild...

I purchased a copy when David was offering it for sale original. I
think it was $20 USD ... just a tid bit of info about it... David I
believe charge just the licensing fee when he sold it ... this is what
I found out from sources when I was investigating if it could ever be
offered again... If anyone would be interested in it they would have
to contact David (who's very hard to reach) and IBS who holds the
licensing rights to the NIV... I doubt that they would consider
negotiating a licensing agreement for it since when I tried to contact
all parties no one ever replied back other than Laridian who actually
doesn't have a license/contract with David for the Newton Version of
'The Message' - they only handle the 'My Bible' titles for the Palm
and Pocket PC... :(

Hope this wasn't a long boring blurb...

--
God bless,