Re: [NTLK] [AN] MP 2000 to MP 2100 upgrade service (Europe)

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 01:56:18 EDT

On Aug 30, 2006, at 10:56 AM, Andreas wrote:

> Hi fellows,
>
> Since the MP 2100 is really superior to the MP 2000 due to the memory
> increase, I'm thinking of offering a MP 2000 to 2100 upgrade service.
>
> Since I'm in France, it would be a essentially European service.
>
> If there are Old World Newtonians willing to have their MP 2000
> upgraded, please e-mail me off list.
>
> If there's sufficient interest, the price level may drop. I think
> such a
> service would cost 75 euros or so, depending on the number of
> participants and the availability of motherboards.

Availability of motherboards? You mean you don't actually intend to
upgrade anything, just swap in a 2100 motherboard?

I had my 2000 upgraded to a 2100 by Dr. Newton many moons ago, and it
was a two day service that involved actually soldering (doh!) the new
chips onto the board after removing the old ones.

I wish Dr. Newton would return to us someday...
Marty