[NTLK] What is NASM 2.1 for?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 20:04:46 EDT

Hi folks,

I have my greedy hands on a Newton 130 that has a package
"NASM 2.1" installed. From what I've found in the web it
must be some kind of assembler. Amazingly, I haven't found
a single reference to this in my NewtonTalk digest collection, which
I think is complete since the year 2000. Mark's archive isn't of
much help, either. Can someone here shed some light on what this
package is good for or kindly point me to a URL that explaines this?

Thanks in advance

Frank