Re: [NTLK] 2010?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 23:19:52 EDT

You can easily get it from my site by browsing it, or you can cheat and click on this handy link I have provided: http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=289
  I included the readme on this app as well.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos@neostrada.pl> wrote:
  Jon

Quite incredible, so our Newton's are doomed. Does anyone know if
there are ANY efforts under way to correct the issue?

Also, where can we download the alpha.

It would be safe to say that in 2010, this discussion list will
become very interesting indeed but I hope that will not be the case.

Alex

On Aug 27, 2006, at 9:54 PM, Jon Glass wrote:

> On 8/27/06, kevin_ondre@vermontel.net
> wrote:
>> What exactly is the problem? my newton has dates in it beyond 2016.
>
> Set the date of your Newton forward to 2010, and see what happens--no,
> don't. Or rather, if you do, make sure that you are good and well
> backed-up, because you will be forced to do a hard reset after you do
> this. Trust me. I've tried it myself. That's the bug.
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
>

> There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published
> opinion. --Winston Churchill
> --
> inquiries
> wikiwikinewt/

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum