Re: [NTLK] Experience with NewtSync and a suggestion

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 22:00:11 EDT

1. I did have some addresses in my Newton when I synced and found
that they were then duplicated on my iMac.
2. My address book has around 100 entries. I don't keep a lot of info
on my address book. Phones, emails (only 1), addresses and birthdays
were properly synced but nothing else.
3. NewtSync did crash on me a few times and always generated errors
at the end of the sync. I found that on the Dates preferences, if I
had the "Synchronize Deleted Records" option selected, it would
always crash.

For my settings I had NewtSync use the Mac's items as the ones to be
used for modification.

In my case, sync only worked with addresses, Clock and calendar
(although I had to stop syncing the calendar because of all the
duplicated entries.)

Tovi