Re: [NTLK] soldering USB charger cable

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 05:07:57 EDT

The bulb you see on the cable isn't just a ferrite?

Most bt headsets come with a built-in polymer lithium battery.
These batteries must contain complete circuitries for safe battery
charging,
so that is possible to charge them using very simple charging devices.

This doesn't apply to the Newton which must be capable of sensing the
presence
of both alcaline or rechargable (NiCD/NiMH) batteries and at the same
time
must offer protection to them and itself too.

Apart from that, time ago i made and sold the NewtAC, which takes
power from any usb port
(desktop/laptop usb port, usb car charger, usb wall charger, ipod usb
charger, usb battery pack, etc)
in order to keep any Newton charged or in case you would want to run
it without batteries.

It's compatible with MessagePad 1x0 and 2x00 series and eMate, but
consider that using NewtAC
isn't possible to estabilish fast-charging cycle using standard usb
ports.

NewtAC has gone out of sale on Nov-05 but i still should have some in
stock.

Adriano

http://notwen.com/