[NTLK] WiFi help

From: Andreas <MessagePad2000_at_laposte.net>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 04:30:43 EDT

Hi,

If you have only one WiFi station, you should disable roaming (roaming
is the ability to hop from one station to another in a large WiFi
network with several stations, e.g. one per floor).

This should avoid connecting to your neighbours station, I guess.

I don't use power management neither, maybe untick this too to make
things the simplest possible.

Maybe try first with another program using the internet, like Mail V or
NetHopper (and point NetHopper to a simple site the Newton can handle,
like the excellent <http://newton.tek-ed.com/>).

I put up some illustrated info on my website :

Airport config :

<http://messagepad.free.fr/AirPort/AirPort.html>

mail setup :

<http://messagepad.free.fr/Courriels/Courriels.html>

Mail V usage :

<http://messagepad.free.fr/Courriel/MailV.html>

My Newtons work with WiFi, and thousands of others do, so keep the faith :-)

Best regards,

Andreas

--
MessagePad 110, 130, 2000, 2100, eMate 300
<http://messagepad.free.fr>