Re: [NTLK] Cleaning Corrosion in Newt?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 16:37:28 EDT

While this page doesn't apply specifically to the Newt, the technique is sound:
  http://www.batnet.com/mfwright/ht220battcontact.html

  I've done most of this (except for the dremel part)
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Sam Jacobson <jacobson98@earthlink.net> wrote:
  Hello All,

I noticed that my MP 2100 has some corrosion on the contacts in the battery compartment. I was wondering if anyone knew what might be a good way to clean the corrosion so that no long term damage occurs? Specifically, what solution(s) should be used? Also, how does one get back to the battery contacts in the MP2X00 as the compartment is so long? I have some Q-tips on long, thin wooden sticks (used in labs.), would this work or is it too much of a risk having some of the Q-tip material come off onto the contacts?

Thank you!

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum