Re: [NTLK] OT: Which to Keep? G4 PB or Pismo?

From: Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 22:04:17 EDT

AutoCAD is going to run slow on any Mac, it has specifically been written to
take advantage of x86 architecture...

I have AutoCAD 2.1 - 14 and have used it since 1985 and taught many years of
advanced design with it, not to mention way too many lines of AutoLisp...

I would pick up a cheap pc box with a Core 2 Duo or and AMD X2 with a decent
graphics card.

Here's one example,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883103005

I'm sure there are better deals out there, but this would run it fine, not
like emulating Windows on a Mac.

My 2cents,

Paul