Re: [NTLK] MP 2100/OSX Connection FRUSTRATIONS!

From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 13:51:46 EDT

Hello all,

  I appreciate all of tyhe help that everyone has afforded to me before, and I am sorry to keep nother you all. However, I seem to be running into intermitted communication problems with my MP 2100 and OSX on my G5.

  In the past I have been able to get my MP 2100 and G5 to talk via NewTen, Esclae and NewtSync, but never with Newton Connection Utilities (NCU), with use of a Keyspan US-19HS USB-serial adapter. I noticed that when I shut down my G5 that NewTen, Esclae and NewtSync would all stop working and, even if I re-downloaded the programs, only NewTen would work again.

  I was wondering if anyone knew what the probelm might be that stops my G5 from always being able to talk to my MP2100? Why does turning off my G5 take away the abilities of NewTen, Esclae and NewtSync to work? As a note, I have never been able to get Escale to sync with my G5, just download packages.

  I would prefer to use NCU and NewtSync for my syncing needs but, as mentioned, NCU has never worked and NewtSync only one time. I do not undferstand this. As for NCU, I have tried to run it under OS 9 classic but, even with every reasonable manipulation I can think of of the settings I just cannot get the MP 2100 to be recognized.

  One last question, I have a Lucent Gold WaveLAN WiFi card on the way for my MP 2100, yet with all of the connection difficultues I have already experienced I am not sure even where to begin to get my Newton to see my wireless system. Any suggestions?

  I know I have asked a lot of questions, thus I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY appreciate everyone's time and help.

Always,

Sam