Re: [NTLK] [ANN] OPML support for IC/VC

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 03:44:47 EDT

On 8/25/06, John Coady <jcoady@mac.com> wrote:
> Sorry if I upset you Jon, but I'm not talking technical here (so 8
> bit doesn't come into it).
>
> For me the sentence I quoted really says it all.
>
> To continue from your last point, I'm sure they all had heard about
> the Tower but somehow they managed (almost) completely to overlook
> its implications.

No, didn't upset me. I'm just trying to remind us that looking back on
a thing, and seeing what should have been done is a whole lot easier
than looking forward at what we should _do_. And yes, at that point in
time, 8 bit was not a limitation--it was a blank slate! Remember
saying when you got your first hard drive, "How am I _ever_ going to
fill 10 megabytes!" And today, I regularly edit images that are
two-to-three times that size!

So, to force our perspective on people is not only not fair, but it
will most likely come back to bite us someday, as people look at what
we did and say the same thing about us that we are saying about people
before us. :-)

It would be wise to keep that in mind. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland