Re: [NTLK] [ANN] OPML support for IC/VC

From: John Coady <jcoady_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 14:49:42 EDT

Steven, that's a great article.
As it happens, however, the key to the appalling lack of success in
this area is quite easy to identify. It is spelled out very clearly
in a sentence right near the beginning:

The only characters that mattered were good old unaccented English letters,

This amazing (and arrogant) attitude displayed by the original
developers, together with their utter lack of foresight, is the
reason we have had (and still do have) so much trouble speaking in
tongues on the internet.

*********