Re: [NTLK] I know I'm not Crazy... (Newton Ethernet Q)

From: Tom Zahm <tpzahm_at_newted.org>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 10:33:48 EDT

You can do SLIP, i.e. internet protocol over a serial line.

I've done that with a MP120 and a NeXTstation on the other end of the
serial line. The NeXTstation provided the bridge to my home network
and the internet. On the newton side you didn't see much that was
inconsistent with an ethernet connection.

Could that be what you remember?

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
- Albert Einstein