[NTLK] OSX connectivity to MP 130 with Keyspan

From: Peter Brewer <pcb_at_ifn.net>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 19:40:50 EDT

Today I dusted off my MP 130 and thought I'd try to get it connected
to my iBook G4. I downloaded the OSX driver for the Keyspan USA-28X,
downloaded Escale OSX, hooked up the cable, and could not for the
life of me make a connection.

Since all I really want to do is quickly move text from the Newton
Notepad to the laptop and vice-versa, I recalled I used to use
QuickPress on my older OS9 desktop model. I found an older version
of that lurking in cyberspace, re-installed the keyspan strcitly for
Classic, and tried again to connect. No go again. Several hours
later, I am appealing to the larger community.

How do I go about connecting from the MP 130 to the G4 laptop running
10.4.7, and specifically to transfer text? Any help at all would be
tremendously appreciated.

Peter Brewer