[NTLK] Seeking workaround to NProject software's 15-day demo...

From: <MKow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 14:00:53 EDT

Hello Newtonfolk:

Once, long ago, a software company by the name of Nomadic Technologies
released a Newton software suite called NProject. In time, Nomadic Technologies was
acquired or evolved into a robotics company, and later still, the robotics
company was acquired by 3M.

Anyway, the trail for the software sales/licensing folks seems to have run
cold.
This is the last known contact information for Nomadic Technologies:

Nomadic Technologies
19948 Laurel Ave.
Rocky River, Ohio 44116.
info@nomadict.com
800.713.6291 (U.S. only)
440.331.5771 (Outside the U.S.)

I would like to know if the software company released a non-expiring version
of NProject to the public domain. Does anybody know? Does anybody have the
"applet" that keeps the software from expiring?

This seems a classic case of Newton abandonware. If there is any way possible
to ressurect this software, I would like to know what can be done. I would be
grateful to hear from anybody with constructive, positive ideas on this topic.

Regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA