[NTLK] A beginner who just bought a MessagePad 2100.

From: Wesley Frazier <wes.frazier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 19:46:50 EDT

I have been watching this list for a while, via the RSS feed, as I
have become increasingly more interested in the Newton. And after a
month I am eagerly awaiting a MessagePad 2100 that I just bought,
that should be arriving fairly soon.

And having read various Faq's and the Wiki I still have a few questions.

1) Do any of the browsers available for Newton OS support http
authentication ? This is the method my university uses to control
access to it's WiFi network. (It does not use any form of wifi
encryption for security) I am planning to use the Newton mostly on my
own private network, but having access to my university's network
would be nice.

2) Where can I find instructions for setting up a gcc cross compiler
which target's the Newton ? Or information in general for developing
apps for the Newton in C++ or C ?

3) Are there any other options for developing software for the Newton
on the Newton outside of Steve Weyer's NewtDevEnv ?

4) Where can I find more info on encoding videos for the Newton ? I
do not plan on using it as a video player, but I am curious about
it's capabilities as such.