Re: [NTLK] contrast issues on my 2100...

From: Jim Trascapoulos <jtrascap_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 18:29:19 EDT

James Nichols:

> Double tap on the word "Contrast" in Extras and the contrast slider
> will "re-center" whatever it's currently set at to be synonymous with
> the "center" of the contrast slider.

Ah - that worked a treat. It's looking really good now..thanks to all.

The next step is to get a new backlight, a wireless card (I have my
eye on a wavelan silver) and probably a bluetooth card. Have to
figure out a way to install software, considering I'm on a powerbook
and haven't any cables or adaptors. And let's face it, if I can
bluetooth install, who need cables? I'll dig into Google or the
archives to figure out what and where to grab one.

I'm looking at the backlights from backlight4you.com in Germany (I'm
in the Netherlands) and it seems like an ideal solution. I really
*want" a green backlight - it's not a Newt without one. Can anyone
recommend them?

Lastly, is there anyone in the Randstad with a Newt that I can
perhaps do the card exchange thing with? Or better, I'll even buy the
beer...I've got a bone-bare 2100 eager to move on...

Thanks again!

Jim

"Single men live longer than married men, but married men are a lot
more willing to die." - Johnny Carson