Re: [NTLK] thinking of getting a Newt...which one

From: Ryan Blank <RABlank_at_pop-server.columbus.rr.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 17:57:11 EDT

Thanks all,
It's my understanding that the eMate is very limited in what it can
do. While the newer Newtons (2000 and 2100) are much more capable
machines. For example the newtons can be expanded to do much more
than an eMate could hope.
Also if I'm going to be using this thing in class, wouldn't an eMate
be a little on the large size? I realize it's smaller than most
laptops. But I think I'd rather have something smaller than a "tiny
laptop" so to speak.

As of now I'm thinking of getting a 2100 if/when money becomes
available. From what I've gathered from the searchable archives here
it is capable of doing what I want.

Some of the Newts I see for sale don't have the AC adapter. Supposing
I had rechargable AA batteries (enough to have some charging while
others are in the Newt) would there be any need for the AC adapter?

Thanks again,
Ryan