Re: [NTLK] Newton bluetooth news

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 20:24:40 EDT

Alright - It took me a bit of work to get PrefsCleaner onto my newton
(my laptop died - so no IRDA... and wifi / my router were being spotty).

I deleted the soup properly, and then installed BluntTool and
Bluetooth Setup. This time the preferences slip has reset and shows
"Generic" for the driver.

Changing this to Air2net BT2000 and tapping either "Test" or "Start"
make the light on my card blink at a steady rate, but locks up my
mp2100 so hard even the reset button doesn't work. The "newton is
busy" icon shows up at the top of the screen, and from then on it is
frozen.

Trying the "generic" driver first yielded an error message (-48000 I
*think*) but every subsequent attempt freezes the newton.

Deleting the soup and trying again doesn't change anything at this
point.

I've left my newton thinking in it's frozen state for several minutes
without any change. Removing and re-inserting the bluetooth card
while frozen like this has no effect.

J. Tyler Nichols