Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Jim Felder <felder_at_knology.net>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 21:13:11 EDT

On Aug 14, 2006, at 7:49 PM, Paul Curtis wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Are you running Windows or something else?

Something else. Mac OS X

I ran ifconfig on my Mac (as a long time user, I don't have any
problem knowing where anything is : ) Like you, I have to look
around forever on a PC) Trouble is, since I don't have a driver for
that card on my Mac (there never has been one, to my knowledge) it
isn't recognized.

And 3com did not put the MAC address on the bottom of this card *sigh*

I'll figure it out, but it would be a whole lot easier if they had
bothered to put the address on the card. The 3com accountants
probably struck down the idea. Guess a thousandth of a gram of ink
really adds up after a while!

What I think I'll do is reinstall Virtual PC for the Mac and try the
dos prompt/iconfig all trick you mentioned.

Jim