Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Florian Mosleh <indigo_at_13th-floor.org>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 13:38:19 EDT

There are a couple of options for how to do this. If you're providing it
with DHCP from a router or access point, you can often see the MAC
address in the logs of that piece of hardware. Alternately, you could
plug the card into a laptop and look at the MAC address in the card's
properties. How you would do this would depend on which operating system
you are using.
Linux show's you the MAC in ifconfig.

Windows, run ipconfig /all from the command line and look for a field
called "Physical Address".

Mac OS X, run ifconfig from a terminal window, or just look in Network
in System Prefferences. The MAC should be printed on the page with
information about the device.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 12:26:18PM -0500, Jim Felder wrote:
> I have a 3Com ethernet adapter I want to use with my Newton 2100. Its
> MAC address isn't printed on the back like some I have seen. How do I
> determine it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
> --