Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V6 #373

From: Martin Queen <martin.queen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 03:35:52 EDT

My understanding of UK copyright law was that so long as you have
bought a copy of the copyrighted material you may make as many copies
for yourself as you deem fit for your own purposes. It says it on the
copyright paragraph in the front of nearly all books. I have about 4
different copies of LOTR from first editions to Folio society copies
so I don't think that I am in danger of being picked up by the police
for having a copy that I can read on my Newton.

I also have it on cd which if I'm not much mistaken is a digital copy
:p sorry just having a laugh with that one!!!

And even if it were illegal (which is do not see it to be under the
current copyright legislation in the UK) who cares? of course I will
now be FLAMED for saying that but hey bring it on!!

(all said in a jokey manner so no one takes offence since sarcasm does
not translate well over the net)