Re: [NTLK] 20 MB memory cards for sale

From: G. Isten <gisela_at_tariffenet.it>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 19:10:21 EDT

Hallo Frank & Russ,

>Q: May I answer this post by replying to the list?
>A: Sure. Provided you don't mind hard objects moving at an alarming
>speed towards body parts you'd rather keep intact.

I am afraid I am actually doing it -- asking a 20-MB-card question on the list! :-) But then, this message had already been planned, because I do actually own a 20 MB card that I purchased on eBay a while back, and from the same guy that Roman mentioned.

The problem with the card is, it won't go all the way into the 2100, unless one applies undue force, which I am rather unwilling to do (I've done it once, with another card, and ever since I've been experiencing a somewhat erratic ejection behaviour on that slot).

The reason seems to be that the grooves on the sides of the card aren't quite as deep (or rather, long) as the other cards in my possession, and they are also of a slightly different shape, so the card sticks out (and quite a bit at that, some 4 mm) and therefore doesn't get in deep enough to connect. Strangely enough, though, those grooves seem absolutely identical to those of my 3Com LAN card, and that slides in and out just fine.

The eBay seller says he'd never had such a 'groovy' problem before and promised to look into the matter and, if need be, replace my card.

But that experience leads me to ask the following question about the cards you guys are selling: What are the grooves on your cards like? Have you ever heard of/encountered a similar issue?

Ciao,

Gisela