Re: [NTLK] A programming question (Newton as a controller for an electric motor)

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 11:28:38 EDT

>I think it's doable, but a way more complicated and dangerous
>complication on the already daunting task of having a newton manage a

The trick here is to get the system working first of all. Don't
bother with the cruise control at first. Get the car converted to
electrics and make it reliable. Then you put in bells and whistles
like charge monitoring...

More importantly make sure that the increase in mass from motors and
batteries is offset by better braking and suspension systems.

<RANT>
Most of all, don't sit in front of your TV or computer screen and
wait for someone else to provide a turnkey solution for you (the mark
of the sheeple), get out to the garage or basement and do something,
anything, even if it is changing your own oil or checking your tyre pressure.
<\RANT>

Andrei