Re: [NTLK] Geeky Internals Question

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 07:41:10 EDT

On 11/08/2006, at 4:35 PM, Andrei Chichak wrote:
> At 07:54 PM 8/10/2006, you wrote:
>> Can anyone reveal to me the voltage of the 2x00 backlight?
>> And, can be lit up external to the Newt (without supportive
>> circuitry)?
>
> I measure it at 41.2V AC. I don't know what the frequency is, but it
> sounds greater than 60Hz.

Normally EL panels operate at around 500Hz. Voltage required vary from
manufacturer/size of panel. Andrei, did you measure this with a true
RMS meter? If so, multiply it by Ã2 and you'll get Vmax. I strongly
doubt it is a pure sinewave anyway. Too lazy to pull my oscilloscope
out and stick it on right now, but I might get back to you soon on
this.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard