Re: [NTLK] Paying for Dashboard

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 06:51:57 EDT

On 8/10/06 11:08 AM, Stephen Chan <stephenchan1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think i'm definitely going to get Dashboard. It looks very
> impressive.

It is impressive which is why I paid for it myself a year and a half ago. I
didn't notice if it slowed my 2100 down either. I don't see any speed loss
at all, actually.

> I'm receiving delivery of my first Newton
> tomorrow. an MP2100. i also got a 2GB CF
> card with PCMCIA adapter

That CF card won't work without the $50 ATA Support driver (unless the
Newton you bought comes with it). I bought ATA Support a couple years ago.
It is much slower than a normal linear memory card, I must say. Even worse,
the larger your CF, the slower it gets. I tried it once with a 1GB
microdrive and it was excruciatingly slow. I then plugged an 8GB Seagate
microdrive in (faster specs than my 1GB and my Newton pretty much came to a
screeching halt!). 32MB cards work the best in my experience. Too bad
though since I would like a bigger memory card, but the slow-down isn't
worth it to me.

Best,

James Wages