Re: [NTLK] eBay: LOT OF 20 APPLE NEWTON 5" QULCMAAB SCREENS

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 10:33:16 EDT

On 8/8/06, Chris Browder <newtonusingfox@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/125B-LOT-OF-20-APPLE-NEWTON-5-QULCMAAB-SCREENS_W0QQitemZ150019079949QQihZ005QQcategoryZ27966QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
> 5" screens? Would these be MP 2x00 screens or eMate screens (and are
> they the *same* screen...eMate/MP2x00?)

Hi Chris,

I'm babysitting a box of them right now for it's owner.
They are actually LCD's screens with a Back light attached and are
made for the MP130. They could be used for the MP110 or MP120 if you
needed to replace their LCD screen but of course only the MP130 could
make use of the back light. I recall though that there were some
modified MP120's out there that could also use a back light but they
lost the use of their stylus silo because the additional parts needed
to power the back light was installed there.

Unfortunately they are not compatible with the MP2x00 or eMate300
because they are too small. There was one batch of LCDs awhile back
sold by an eBay vendor which were the actual MP2x00 LCDs but none have
surface since.

The eMate300's LCD are the largest of all Newtons and show up
occasionally on eBay also.

I hope this answers all your questions.

--
God bless,