Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Puckdropper <puckdropper_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 22:11:10 EDT

--- Andrew Smallshaw <andrews@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:35:15PM +0100, Seb Payne
> wrote:
> >
> > a.) I've never seen a real Newton - can anyone
> related how big a 2000/2100
> > is to everyday objects?
>
> A lot of people have compared the Newt to a VHS
> tape, but I'd slightly
> refine that - it's almost exactly the size of a VHS
> cassette _case_ - the
> plastic kind that prerecorded tapes come in, not the
> cardboard sleeves
> that blank cassettes come with. Compared to a VHS
> case it's _slightly_
> longer and possibly slightly thinner, at least if
> you don't count the
> feet on the bottom of the unit. This is for
> MP2000/2100 by the way.

Nothing wrong with your arguement, but I'd just like
to point out that most people deal with VHS tapes a
lot more than they do the plastic boxes that tapes are
sometimes stored in. If I say "About an inch wider
and longer than a VHS tape" it gives people a good
idea of the size without making them think too hard
(which, for some conversations, is a good thing.)

Puckdropper