Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 18:47:06 EDT

Also try J&K Sales (http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/). I bought my last
two Newtons from them and am very pleased with both the price and service I
got. MP2000's upgraded to 2100's. The upgraded ones are exactly like the
2100's except for the logo.

And like the other posters, I use my Newton more like a sub notebook than a
PDA. I carry it in a small messenger bag. It is definitely the best small
computer around and out PDA's the PDA's. Also I use SimpleMail and have
found it great for my Email needs. Accessories you should consider are a
memory card, something 8 meg or larger, a modem, a network card. In network
cards either Ethernet or wifi work well depending on your network.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Seb Payne wrote
<snip>
d.) I've been talked to 'knowledgenavigator' (www.newtonsales.com) and I can
get a 'good condition' 2100 for $189 which seems a lot to me. The $89 ones
aren't in that good nick. Any thoughts on this pricing (I'm in the UK so I'd
be interested to hear if anyone has a 2000/2100 for sale in the UK)?
<snip>