[NTLK] The Wiki (was: Fighting Complacency within the Newton Community)

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 01:40:32 EDT

Hi,

I think there's probably not much wrong with asking people to
contribute :) Forcing them to do so will however not work. I remember
the Newton community was actually part of two academic studies, might
be interesting to read them and check if there is anything to learn,
also with respect to this discussion.

One thing though comes to my mind where also people can contribute
who think they might not have anything important to say: If you found
a solution to a problem with the help of say the list or other means,
or if you figured out something that might help others, or if you
have anything else to share - contribute to the Wiki :)! It's very
easy and it allows others to add their own ideas. The link is
conveniently placed at the end of each message on Newtontalk.

Eckhart

PS: I still haven't found anything to replace my Newton with. A paper
based system would be the only thing which could come even remotely
close.