Re: [NTLK] Updated daylight saving time algorithm.

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 01:54:47 EDT

On 8/1/06, Andrei Chichak <newton@chichak.ca> wrote:
> SO, first, I haven't been able to find the system soup entries that
> configure the DST rules. Does anyone know if there is a quick and
> dirty way of adjusting the DST rules?

There is a Cities soup where this stuff goes if you change or add a
city. Unfortunately, it appears that I don't have any at the moment,
so I can't remember its name! I do know that in OS 2.0, it came by
default, because of an Easter Egg (Area 51) that Apple had to hide. If
you deleted the soup, you could see the Area 51 (complete with
coordinates?) ;-) I don't remember if it's called "Cities" or
"Timezone" or what.

Another thought. Isn't the US now in line with Europe? If so, would it
be easier to do a global change of US cities to Euro summer time? I
think that rather than trying to do some weird hack, maybe doing a
simple change (like changing area codes in the Names soup) you could
just go through and change all the US cities, but I wouldn't know. I'm
no coder... just a lowly user. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland