[NTLK] Newton sound problem

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat Apr 29 2006 - 10:35:03 EDT

> I need a bit of advice on what to do, if anything, when the sound goes
> completely on a 2100. Mine has stopped making any sound, however high
I turn
> up the controls, and the recording does not produce any sound either.
Not
> that this is a serious problem, but I do miss the chirps and boings
while
> operating it.

First I'd rule out that it is a software issue by backing up the Newton
and
hard-resetting afterwards. Info on the different types of resets are
here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

If this doesn't fix things, probably there's either a problem with the
speaker
cable or with the speaker itself. In this case get in touch with us
again,
we will certainly be able to work something out to help you.

Cheers

Frank