[NTLK] Replacement screen for 2x00

From: Michael C. Wittmann <mwittmann_at_maine.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 12:51:13 EDT

Hi, all,

on eBay, there's a "NEW 6" SHARP LCD SCREEN APPLE NEWTON MESSAGEPAD
2100" for sale, item number 9713864145 for those who are interested.
I have a 2100 with a broken screen. I'm kind of clueless about
screens, so forgive me if these answers seem silly, but:

1. is this LCD screen enough to fix my screeen?
2. would I need the touch screen, too?
3. what else am I ignoring?

The price is actually not bad, so if it's possible to do it, I'd love
to fix my 2100 to have a spare. But, well, if it's only one part of
many, then I'll just drop the dream...

Michael