[NTLK] Fwd: NCU and serial connection at 230k and 115k

From: Giulio Marchi <emfdb_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 18:07:46 EDT

In a final attempt to solve this issue, I found at least some answers
to my questions. Unfortunately I found the answers to the "ancillary"
issues and not to the main one.

The "Keyspan USA28X Manager", i.e. the Advanced panel, has a known bug
in OS X and it may be opened by directly accessing it under the Mac OS
9 System Folder or through a direct boot in OS 9. This is reported in
http://keyspan.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/keyspan.cfg/php/enduser/
std_adp.php?
p_sid=iRmtdA5i&p_lva=&p_faqid=372&p_created=1113877439&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29y
dD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTE1OCZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTMmcF9wcm9k
X2x2bDE9MyZwX3NvcnRfYnk9ZGZsdCZwX3BhZ2U9NA**&p_li=
or
http://tinyurl.com/g2l3o

With regard to the maximum speed, I noticed that the USA-28X web page
reports that it "supports data rates up to 1 Mbps"
(http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA28x/), differently than other
Keyspan models (e.g. see
http://www.keyspan.com/support/developers/win/).

Now, even accessing the "Keyspan USA28X Manager", playing with the
configurations ("Emulate printer port" and "Double baud rate"), always
disconnecting and plugging the adapter and closing and reopening NCU,
still with the Serial Enabler set to 230400, I can not set a connection
with the Newton and the Serial 230400 extension. In addition, strange
enough, the "Stats" button gives a window where I noticed the baud rate
of 76800, suspiciously close to the one I roughly measured when
connecting at "115200".

I also found a shareware called "SerialSpeed 230" that *should* do the
job but according at least to Adriano
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/230KSerialConnection), I
would need only NCU, Serial Enabler and the Serial 230400 extension.

Any hint? Adriano?

Thanks in advance,

Giulio

Inizio del messaggio inoltrato: