[NTLK] eMate Assistance

From: Wayne Pepper <wapepper_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 12:00:06 EDT

Hi All,

I'm a school teacher and am looking for some advice. Last year I
purchased over 40 eMates. Some needed new batteries, some needed cable
replacements, and some were just perfect. I was also able to obtain 2
eMate carts to go along with my collection. My students began using
them this year. I had them set up with their own passwords and everyone
worked. Now that I'm on spring break, I'm fixing the hinges on all of
them. I'm putting washers on each one regardless of whether they
currently need it or not. While I have them apart, I'm also wrapping
the display cable just in case the hinge does ever break, it will not be
punctured.

I have found that the ones that did break were because the students
opened the eMate all the way back, then the hinge would break or pop
off. Hopefully my fix will solve that problem but I also have those
students that would open them back to break them on purpose. I have
several eMate parts and wanted to see if I could modify it some way that
they couldn't open them all the way. There are pictures on the link
below. It seems to work but just wanted to see what the Newton
community thought and if anyone else had other ideas.

Thanks,
Allen Pepper
wapepper@comcast.net

http://home.comcast.net/~wapepper/emate.htm